Thursday, December 6, 2012

Poem to my Step-Dad



Dear Joe

You stepped into our lives when we were teenagers and glad to say, you stayed.

You were brave and persistent with every project you undertook, with this family being the largest, and I’m glad to say you stayed.

You fell in love with Mommy and were ridiculed for your age, but your love for her was timeless and so I’m glad to say, you stayed.

You took ideas and turned them into reality, no matter what the odds, and I’m glad to say you stayed.

You became our foundation on which this family built its strength, even when it started to crumbled, I’m glad to say, you stayed.

When Mommy became deathly ill and the business started to take its toll, I’m glad to say you stayed.

Putting your own illness aside to take care of Mommy just reconfirmed your love for her and now without a doubt I’m glad to say you stayed.

Losing Mommy was hard and you did not take it well, it took 5 months, minus 5 days for me to say, Thank God you did not stay.

You will always be in our hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and support. If you are not a follower yet, please join my crusade.