Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Immortality


Immortality or eternal life is defined as a concept of living in a physical or spiritual form for an infinite length of time. (wikipedia)
Do I want to be able to live forever? Good question which leads to many more questions:
  1. What form of immortality would I take? (Physically or Spiritually)
  2. Do I keep my soul?
  3. Do I really want to watch people I love, die?
To cheat death physically one has to overcome aging, disease and / or trauma – good luck to that.
Vampires have overcome aging, disease and trauma, provided they don't lose their heads. But do vampires keep their souls? This is where I'm stuck.
I'm 75% done with HYBRID my sequel to FEEDERS and I have a situation where a human is turned into a vampire and while this is happening she sees her now dead husband. It gets complicated and you need to read the story to understand what happens, but the question I have to anyone out there that may have some ideas on this subject
DO VAMPIRES being turned from humans into IMMORTALS KEEP THERE SOULS? 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Anita...
    I know what you're going through. I get to a certain point in a book and more times than not, I have to go and rewrite something.

    As to your question: does a vampire retain his soul. Well, that's entirely up to you, isn't it? Think about it. This is your story. How would it be if they DID? Would it mar up things that go on later? Or, would it help situations if they did. Explaining it might get a bit sticky, I suppose, unless you can think of a plausible reason.

    I like the idea you are posing in your book. She sees her now dead husband as a--what? Angel? I'm not sure, as you didn't explain.

    The fun thing about doing vampire fiction is that it is malleable, like clay. Everyone has taken the idea and put their own spin on it. You have done a great job in getting your story off the ground with Feeders. I hope the sequel will do well too!

    Lorelei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lorelei, you are correct, It is up to me and that's what makes writing exciting and powerful. To explain I have her now dead husband come to her as a spirit. I always appreciate your comments. Hope all going well with Vampire Ascending, all the best, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and support. If you are not a follower yet, please join my crusade.