Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Ancestors

My Gran, Liesel Greis and my aunt Marianne Greis on a ship from Germany to South Africa in January, 1934.









Photo taken back in 1916 of my Great Grandfather, Theodore Greis in Germany.
















When I was visiting my mother back in South Africa over Christmas, we went through very old photo albums of our German family history and asked if I could bring them back to Canada and have them scanned. It was the best $96.00 spent. Here are a couple of pictures to share.

1 comment:

  1. It’s very rare to find photographs this old. My Gran and Great Grandmother were very particular in keeping our history pictures in such good condition and were all well documented. Thanks to them I can share 96 years later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and support. If you are not a follower yet, please join my crusade.